For years, IT professionals have been talking about why you should migrate to the cloud, but you still have unanswered questions and concerns which have prevented you from making the leap. Will I still have control of my data if it is in the cloud? Will I be able to meet government regulations regarding data sovereignty? How much will I have to spend to migrate all of my apps and data? How will my systems perform in the cloud? The answers to these questions are yes, it depends, probably less than your current on-premises solution, and better than your legacy environments, respectively, but does that mean the public cloud is the perfect solution? Maybe not…
The public cloud may just not be the right solution for you. It’s time to stop forcing a square peg into a round hole and actually focus on a solution that can meet your needs. Let’s discuss the far less talked about, but equally effective solution, the private cloud known as “Cloud at Customer”.
Oracle Cloud at Customer May be the Solution You’re Looking for
Oracle’s Cloud at Customer allows you to enjoy many public cloud features like instant access to compute resources and storage to scale according to your processing needs where you pay for what you use, all from within your own data center. This enables you to deliver a cloud solution that integrates with your existing data center infrastructure to provide high performance and simplified data management while meeting any data privacy requirements and remain compliant. Cloud at Customer is the perfect solution for those who want to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud, but are not quite ready, or unable to use the public cloud due to governance of data.
5 Benefits of Cloud @ Customer
- You’re in control of your data security. You likely want your revenue-generating systems to stay under your own control and service level. With the private cloud, you control the levels of security in your data center, just as you have in the past, so you know exactly who has access.
- You’ll be data security compliant. Many privacy laws and government regulations require that data reside within a specific governmental or company jurisdiction. The private cloud allows you to use cloud services inside your own data center and firewall keeping you in compliance with concerns like GDPR and PCI to name a few.
- You will spend less time maintaining and patching. When you use Oracle Cloud at Customer, Oracle will manage and patch infrastructure, software, and databases, freeing your IT team to focus on innovation instead of maintenance.
- You can still scale up when you need to. Oracle Cloud at Customer delivers Oracle Cloud services from your data center. It leverages the same technology and security which means when you need to turn up the power, you can quickly and easily without compromising security or performance.
- You’ll lower your capital expense spending. While Oracle’s Cloud at Customer lives in your data center, it is not an expensive piece of hardware that you pay for with capital expenses. Instead, you pay for what you use each month meaning you trade high capital expenses for lower operating expenses.
If you’re nervous about safely moving your hard-earned data to the cloud, don’t fret! You don’t have to go it alone; we’re here to help! Along with helping you determine which solution, Public or Private Cloud, makes the most sense, we offer complete support for expedient and secure application, database, and data migration. Fill out the form below to request a cloud migration consultation where we will have one of our cloud migration experts give you a call to discuss everything from the process of migration to expected costs.
Want to stay up to date on all things Cloud?
Subscribe to our email newsletter today to get regular updates on cutting edge Oracle solutions and stay ahead of the ever-changing IT landscape.