Cloud migration was once a long and costly endeavor with many challenges. As such, it often made sense for businesses to maintain applications on-site. However, this is simply no longer the case.
Oracle provides cloud migration best practices and tools that significantly reduce risk while increasing migration speed, with minimal disruptions. In fact, it is now more expensive to continue upgrading and maintaining an on-premises environment than it is to migrate to cloud services. Yet many businesses are still hesitant about making the transition.
Cloud migration concerns
Common concerns about cloud migration include:
- Loss of custom application functionality and business disruptions
- Integration challenges with internal systems, as well as external systems and third-party providers
- Visibility of customer data outside of the organization and loss or exposure of data
- Challenge of thoroughly testing multiple interfaces to ensure that connectivity, functionality, and performance meet service level agreements
While these concerns were valid in the past, today’s technological advancements have allowed Oracle to create multiple solutions that successfully address them. Over the past few years, the Arisant team has completed several successful cloud migration projects for companies of all sizes and can help you understand that the benefits of running in the cloud today far outweigh any concerns that may have stopped you in the past.
Running E-Business Suite in the Oracle cloud
The advances of Oracle Cloud make it a frontrunner for hosting and running E-Business Suite (EBS) and related applications. When compared with running EBS using a traditional, on-premises approach, it’s obvious which service will prepare companies for the future — starting now.
Oracle Cloud offers many benefits, but the following five reasons can be the deciding factors in finalizing the decision to migrate:
- Increased security — Oracle Cloud meets the strictest security standards and is continuously monitored and patched to keep up with the latest security fixes and enhancements.
- Optimized for Oracle workloads — Oracle Cloud is specifically designed to optimize Oracle applications’ performance.
- Automated updates — Continuous updates reduce IT costs and free up resources for company-specific needs.
- Analytics — Real-time analytics and insight into all business functions provide decision-makers with the ability to access up-to-the-minute data whenever needed.
- ROI — Total operational costs are up to 52% less than running EBS on premises, and ROI is up to 3.2 times greater.
Arisant’s approach to cloud migration
Arisant’s experts have developed a unique methodology for migrations that results in an improved system with enhanced security and performance. We go beyond a simple technological migration. After identifying what you want to accomplish, we create an extensive project plan to address every stage of the migration in detail.
We utilize industry best practices and risk management techniques to identify roadblocks and potential pitfalls in advance. While doing so, we identify possible security enhancements and produce a list of recommended actions items that can become part of the project. You decide what you want to implement. To top it off, Arisant offers enhanced EBS monitoring and proactive alerting to ensure maximum uptime and availability of your applications.
If you’re thinking about migrating to the cloud, then it’s probably time. An expert consultation can address your concerns and provide you with the information you need to decide. If you’re not sure migration is right for you, we can still assess your current infrastructure and let you know how a migration would benefit you — so you’ll have the information you need when you do decide it’s time.
Want to stay up to date on all things Cloud?
Subscribe to our email newsletter today to get regular updates on cutting edge Oracle solutions and stay ahead of the ever-changing IT landscape.